The Darkest Minds, isn’t too dark!!
Nowadays filmmaker has started picking up the picture of current scenario to explore their future results and somewhere it is also attracting audience towards themselves. And once to bring out the results of chemical weapons on humans, we are going to have The Darkest Minds.
The Darkest Minds is an upcoming Sci-Fi and thriller movie, which is going to be directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson. It is going to be produced by Dan Levine, Dan Cohen and Shawn Levy. This movie is the adaptation of a novel of the same name “The Darkest Minds”. The script of this movie will follow the footprints of the novel, which has been written by Alexander Bracken and also modified by Chad Hodge.
The Darkest Minds novel was published on 18 December, 2012, which was followed by Never Fade. This novel left a great impression on the minds of readers and loved by all over the world.
Because of this love this book was positively acclaimed by the critics. Goodreads gave it 4.3 rating point of 5, 4.6 rating out of 5 by Barnes & Noble and 4.3 score out of 5 by Book Depository.
For this awesome story and theme this novel was nominated for several awards like Goodreads Choice Awards, Best Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction.
The Darkest Minds Revealed Star
Final star cast of this movie has been revealed. This list has been revealed after completing the casting, which was conducted by Kramer Morgenthau. Here we have all the names of main stars with their characters.
- Mandy Moore – Cate
- Amandla Stenberg – Ruby
- Skylan Brooks – Chubs
- Harris Dickinson – Liam
- Gwendoline Christie – NA
- Golden Brooks – Molly Daly
- Catherine Dyer – Principal
- Miya Cech – Suzume
- Jonnah-Blaine Bowling – Teenage Boy Victim
- Faye Foley – Sam Dahl and many more.
The Darkest Possible Storyline
As this movie is the adaptation of a novel, so surely the plot of this movie will follow that story. But there has been some modification done Chad Hodge to make it quite interesting, which is still not revealed.
The story of this movie focuses on a girl of 16-year-old, who has some exceptional superpowers. In the beginning of this movie an apocalypse occurs in United States of America, due to which 98% of children was killed. The remaining 2% of children develops an extraordinary power in themselves to fight against these cruelties and these kids were transferred into internment camps.
This story takes an interesting turn, when this 16 -year-old girl escapes from that camp to join the other teenagers.
Probably screenplay is going to win the heart of audience all over the world. But we have to wait quite a while, for its release.
Current updates of The Darkest Minds
Currently there is no updates regarding the shooting of this movie, because some casting work is taking place.
It is high budget movie and its budget is estimated to be approx. $150 million, which shows that the filmmakers doesn’t want to lose any string.
Before starting the shooting of The Darkest Minds, the female lead of this movie Mandy Moore is completing the schedules of her two upcoming movies, which are named as 47 Meters Down and I’m Not Here. 47 Meters Down is a horror and thriller movie, which is going to be directed and written by Johannes Roberts. In this movie, her character is titled as Lisa. This movie is scheduled to be released on 16 June, 2017.
Another movie of Mandy is named as I’m Not Here, which is a drama movie, going to be written and directed by Michelle Schumacher. The release date of this movie has not been decided yet but we can expect it till the mid of 2018.
The Darkest Minds Release Date
Official release date of this movie has been announced by the distributor of this movie 20th Century Fox. This movie is going to be released on 14 September, 2018.
This is all for now about the release date of The Darkest Minds, for more updates and release dates of other upcoming movies, stay connected to Release Date Portal.
Latest posts by Pushp Kumar (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Release Date - September 20, 2017
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Release Date - September 18, 2017
- Annabelle 3 Release Date – Will it become another horror milestone in the Conjuring Universe - September 12, 2017