Comparison of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge vs OnePlus 2
SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 Edge comes with 5.1 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display offering resolution of 2560 x 1440 and 477 ppi.
It has quad 2.1GHz processor and quad 1.5GHz processor with Mali T760 GPU.
- It offers 3GB of RAM and is available in a choice of 32GB, 64GB and 128GB of storage. The camera is 16MP featuring OIS with LED flash and it supports wireless charging, WI-FI, Bluetooth and dual band mobile hotspot Bluetooth.
- GALAXY S6 EDGE+ is doing its best to break the idea of a smart phone being a flat black rectangle, and in that area it succeeds. It is awesome to look at, and even novel to use at first, but the ergonomics just don’t play out well for long term use.
- Other side, the exterior of ONEPLUS 2 is similar to its predecessor, featuring a magnesium and aluminum alloy with steel control keys. The device is 1mm thicker, because the previous model lacked the metal frame and its battery was smaller.
- The back has a black sandstone finish, but there are other available options with interchangeable Style Swap back panels made of Kevlar, bamboo, while the wood model has color options such as black apricot and rosewood.
- ONEPLUS 2 weighs 175 grams and on the front panel it included a fingerprint scanner (hidden inside a home buttons which sits between two capacitive buttons). As for the screen, its screen and resolution are unchanged (5.5-inch with Full HD resolution), but the IPS LCD panel offers better color and brightness.
How both are different from each other
- The phone SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 received a small software update when it was first turned on to software version G928FXXU1AOGJ, and was not updated again during the evaluation time.
- ONEPLUS ended collaboration with CYANOGEN and created its own software called Oxygen OS. The new version of this operating system started rolling out on August 20 2015 and the installation file was 1.1GB.
- Version 2.0.1 comes with improvements, bug fixes, patch for the Stage fright security exploit, support for the global carrier APNs, and fix for the Dark Mode feature.
- SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 Edge does not have a micro SD card slot. Instead Samsung has packed the entry-level Edge with 32GB of internal storage, rising up to 128GB for the top model. That is more enough for most people, so the micro SD card slot won’t be missed too much if you do not mind splashing the cash on more pricey internal storage.
- ONEPLUS 2 uses 4GB of RAM for the variant with 64GB of storage and 3GB of RAM for the 16GB model. The RAM inside ONEPLUS 2 is the latest and greatest on the market: LPDDR4. Your RAM is what handles your device’s short-term actions, like apps that are currently running or those in the background.
- Samsung has used QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON processors in its flagships, at least in the West. In Asia it is been using its own-brand EXYNOS processors, which it is now opted to put in the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. And it looks like the right decision. This allows a big quad-core CPU (2.1GHz) to be paired with a little, low-power quad-core (1.5GHz).
- The ONEPLUS 2 is now packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 64 bit OCTA core processor. Its speed and ability to multitask while maintaining optimal battery performance remain unmatched amongst others in the industry.
- S6 Edge comes with a 16-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization. It is not the first phone to have OIS, but it is rare to see in such a compact phone. Optical image stabilization compensates for the little movements you make with your hand when taking a photo, helps reduce blur. It is a great addition to a phone’s camera.
- The primary camera has a resolution of 13MP and supports an aperture of f/2.0, optical image stabilization, large ultra pixel technology, laser focus, dual-LED flash and 4K video capture. In addition, you can record 720p slow motion videos at 120 fps and the images look great in low light environment thanks to the six-element lens. As for the front camera, it supports 5MP.
- The curved screen is a design spectacle, pure and simple. The way the screen and glass curve off to the edges of the phone plays a bit of a trick on your mind at first, and watching the software on the screen smoothly shift around the left and right edges as you use it is pretty neat. The panel itself is still amazingly crisp, clear, bright and vibrant as you will find in any recent SAMSUNG phone, and it is quite a marvel that the curves do not hamper the other standard aspects of the screen. It has 2550 MAH battery.
The phone ONEPLUS 2 has dual micro SIM support, full 4G LTE capabilities and a new Type C USB standard. The fingerprint scanner recognizes up to five fingerprints, working in only 0.5 seconds. The exterior of the ONEPLUS 2 is similar to its predecessor, featuring a magnesium and aluminum alloy with steel control keys. It has 3300 MAH battery.
|INTERNAL STORAGE||64 GB|
|SPECIFICATION||SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 Edge|
|INTERNAL STORAGE||32 GB|
Now it is time to buy, what do you want?