Nvidia Pascal GPU Might Be The New Geforce GTX 1000 Series!
Welcome to a new era of technology. Where NVIDIA Corporation, which is a worldwide technology company, is going to introduce you with a next new generation of GRAPHICS CARD.
For those, who are not very much familiar with this term, we would love to give them a glimpse.
A Graphics Card is a card of computer hardware, which we use to produce the image, so that you can see it on a monitor. It converts the data into signal, to give output on the monitor.
After that you are able to see any image on the monitor. In short, we can say that it is responsible for rendering an image.
The images, seen by you are made up of so many tiny dots, which are known as a pixels.
At normal resolution, a screen contains a million of pixels and it is all up to the computer to decide what to do with everyone in order to create an image.
So, here it needs a translator. Which takes binary data from the CPU and turn it into a picture, so that you can enjoy the show.
So, that is how the graphics card work.
AMD, Advanced Micro Device’s products, is NVIDIA’s biggest rival. So, here Nvidia has a big challenge to prove that they are best and updated with a new technology.
And they are able to provide better and better products continuously.
In 2015, co-founder and CEO of NVIDIA has announced about the next generation of NVIDIA GPUs by an audio-visual presentation.
There, he announced to release two new graphics processor named PASCAL AND VOLTA, in 2016 and 2018 respectively.
Currently, NVIDIA has a graphics card, Titan X and GTX 980Ti. And each of them are using on a 28nm Maxwell chip. As I said before, it’s time for move on.
What else is included with Nvidia Pascal Graphics Card
- NVIDIA has given us a surety that Pascal is going to offer roughly ten times better performance than Titan X. Isn’t it great?
- As per the numerous leaks, NVIDIA Pascal Graphics Cards also going to include two important features, i.e. first one is 3D-stacked memory and second one is NVLink.
- NVLink is a new key technology that they are developing. Mainly they are using NVLink to connect the machine’s processors i.e. CPUs and GPUs. So that they can transfer data between them on 5 to 12 times faster as before.
- NVLink is the world’s first high speed GPU interconnect, which will enhance the speed between connected devices.
- NVLink will allow the data to move between GPUs and CPUs, 5 to 12 times faster than they can do today.
- Just imagine, how fast it would be that GPU take data from the CPU as quick as a CPU can get it from its own memory.
- NVLink will also make it more flexible connection between CPUs and GPUs.
- So overall we can say that it would be faster, efficient, flexible and powerful than before.
- Also memory of this Graphics Card will be three times more than that of Maxwell. Because it is also helpful to enhance the performance of GPU.
- And they will support bandwidth speeds of up to 1TB/s.
- They are also putting 17 Billion Transistors inside the GPU Core.
- Titan X was with 8 Billion Transistors inside and its competitor Radeon R9 Fury was with 9 Billion transistors inside it.
- So with the Pascal GPU, they have just doubled the numbers of Transistors inside it.
- NVIDIA has chosen TSMC with their 16nm FinFET node to manufacture this Pascal Graphics Cards.
- This Graphics Card will also include the advantages of Mixed Precision Computing. So this will increase the accuracy level.
NVIDIA Pascal graphics card are scheduled to release from 2nd Quarter of 2016, which suggests April 2016 and onwards.
Kindly tell us your hopes with the new Pascal gpu in the comment section below.