Cyberpunk 2077 is the Game You’ve Been Waiting for Your Whole Life
Cyberpunk 2077 is currently the most awaited game since GTA 5. It’s been 10 months since the first look and gameplay demo of Cyberpunk 2077 was released and we were desperately waiting for its announcement in E3 2019.
CD Projekt Red blew everyone away when they introduced a small trailer demo with V as a male character this time. The crowd went bananas at the end of the video when Keanu Reeves was introduced in the game and as a host from CD Projekt Red’s side.
Cyberpunk 2077 Keanu Reeves Trailer – Wake the f**k Up Samurai!
Following are the details that are now confirmed about Cyberpunk 2077:
- Keanu Reeves is in the game but only as a hallucination and voice of mind.
- It plays a comedic angle in the otherwise dark and deadly game of politics and cyber-dystopia.
- Players don’t have to kill anyone in the game if they make the right choices and the choices really do have an impact in the ending.
- CD Projekt Red has promised 3 completely different backstory for the main character ‘V’ and because of his/her backstory, the dialogue options, gameplay path and the story will vary significantly.
- A 60-min gameplay demo was also shown in E3 2019, behind closed doors and will be available by 30 August during PAX West.
- Cyberpunk 2077 is a vertical game rather than a large horizontal open world. Several buildings can be accessed but there will be less horizontal ground to cover with respect to other open world games.
- Cars and bikes are drivable according to the demo and trailer, but there are so many other vehicles which would be cool to drive like the flying ones that medical officers were driving.
- Cyberpunk 2077 has huge amount of weapons and they can be upgraded to various degrees according to the player’s playstyle.
- Sex and nudity will be an integral part of the game and there will be an option for complicated romantic relationships.
- CD Projekt Red shared few images related to the game with the trailer and it was clear that the game has heavy emphasis on body modification and transgender political agenda.
- The developers have created gender selection in the game while modifying your character. You could actually opt to become a transgender player.
Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay
Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay is action packed as well as stealth centric. The player’s choice will determine if the path leads to blood bath or smooth & non-violent completion of every mission.
Developers have said that you don’t need to kill anyone in this game if you don’t want to. But that largely depends on your action.
The key difference is this: It doesn’t matter if you keep taking the stealth approach and try to listen to every conversation and agree with everything that the NPC put forth for you.
What would matter is how you react to their conversations, because if the demo is any indication, sometimes being tough will reward you with respect and direct access to mission elements, and sometimes fighting your natural instinct to be a hard-core all-guns-blazing gamer is the way to go.
Cyberpunk 2077 Map
The game throws us in Night City, a fictional cyber-corporate world where body modifications have moved to a ridiculously bizarre level.
If you have seen Alita Battle Angel then you’ll get the overall idea on how the world of Cyberpunk 2077 is going to feel.
As far as map size is concerned it’s not going to be as large as GTA V or AC: Odyssey because it wasn’t the intention of CD Projekt Red, at the end of the day, as large as those maps were, they felt barren as soon as the main missions in that area were completed.
My deepest hope is that Cyberpunk 2077’s map feels more alive and there are things to do even after the main story is completed. It is also important that the side quests don’t feel repetitive. This is something that Witcher 3 got right and I am sure that CD Projekt Red feel the same way about it.
Cyberpunk 2077 Installation Size
Current predictions regarding the installation size is 80+ GB. With 4k high resolution textures and so many dialogue options, their respective audios and animated variations, the game is going to be huge when it comes to installation size.
Cyberpunk 2077 Platforms: Xbox Scarlett, PS 5 and PC
It is confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to PC, Xbox and Playstation. While the PC port was no brainer, its support for current gen PS4 Pro and Xbox One X is still under discussion.
The game looks gorgeous in 4k and presently PS4 Pro doesn’t natively support 4k gameplay and Xbox One X pushes the console to its limits to achieve respectable frame rates in open world games.
Metro Exodus in 4K showed that current gen consoles need to evolve further if they want to keep up with the changing game engines and the power required to run all those textures in high resolution.
Although most gamers are playing at 1080p, with decreasing cost of 4k monitors and televisions, they obviously would want to game on 4K as well and with PC they have an option to upgrade, while with console they don’t.
I presently have Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (19 July 2016), which is quite old given that we have GTX 1160 and RTX 2060 with us, but it can run games in 4K (not all, but few). In light of this, the consoles need to be powerful enough to run games at 4k natively without dropping frames.
Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date
In E3 2019, CD Projekt Red announced the release date as well for Cyberpunk 2077…it is 16 April 2020.
You can currently pre-order the game via different online portals, as Amazon.com, Steam Store, etc.
I know that gamers are now skeptical about pre-ordering the games because the final product isn’t what is usually promised by the developers. EA and Ubisoft both have given us disappointing final games with a lot of pre-order hype.
Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be in a whole different league…it doesn’t promise big things, the storyline is simple, the character feels down to earth, relatable for some and aspiration for some, the gameplay feels fast-paced when taken the unyielding approach, and calculated when taken as mind games, politics and instinct to make the right decisions.
Overall, the game promises fun and replayability without making you feel exhausted. We already know that 3 backstories of V will have different gameplay paths and that alone guarantee 3 times replayability and right now…I am not even talking about playing V as Male or Female.
So…I would highly suggest you to pre-order this game if you want it as soon as it hits the shelves.
Cyberpunk 2077 DLCs
It is inevitable that Cyberpunk 2077 will have DLCs. It’s a trend and more than that, it allows the developers to add more interesting elements later in the game.
Currently, Ubisoft is keen on delivering amazing DLCs with AC: Odyssey and I have to say that with Legacy of the First Blade, Ubisoft has delivered some of the most amazing DLC packages that I have played in a while.
If you remember, Witcher 3 also had 2 DLCs, namely, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Both the DLCs were amazing value for money and boy…were they fun to play!
Hearts of Stone struck a chord of satisfaction of gameplay and Blood and Wine was just so beautiful.
So…Cyberpunk 2077 will also have DLC to expand V’s life into either further oblivion or to reach the top of Night City life.
What’s Next in Cyberpunk 2077
Currently, we are hearing about a Cyberpunk 2077 movie with Keanu Reeves to make Cyberpunk series a cult following like Witcher series.
CD Projekt Red plans to increase their team in order to deliver more AAA titles by 2021 and things will become more interesting after Cyberpunk 2077 is released.
Till then stay tuned for more updates on Cyberpunk 2077.
Latest posts by K. K. Sonakiya (see all)
- Watchmen 2019 Premiere Date, Cast, Episode List, Trailer & Ratings – HBO - October 23, 2019
- Dying Light 2 System Requirements – Can I Run Dying Light 2 – Minimum, Recommended & Enthusiast Gaming - October 9, 2019
- Birds of Prey And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn Release Date – 2020 - October 3, 2019