Ubisoft ditches modern set-piece with Mesolithic age in Far Cry Primal.
Far Cry Primal is an upcoming action and adventure game. It is going to be developed by Ubisoft Montreal for Windows PC, Xbox One and PS 4.
|Media||Trailer & Gameplay Embedded Below|
|Release Date||23 February 2016, March 2016|
|Announce Date||– E3 2015|
|Engine||Dunia Engine 2|
|Availability||Optical disc, Download|
Far Cry 4 was amazing. The journey of Ajay to distribute her mother’s ashes in Himalayas turned into a completely different expedition. After finishing the main storyline, there was so much left to explore and do, that I kept playing side-missions and dynamic missions for many days.
Each expansion that was released after it, added something new to the already well developed and realized world of Kyrat. I loved Valley of the Yetis and it was quite refreshing to be thrown into the stone cold dynamics of Himalayas, after having plenty of time with the green vistas of Kyrat.
Now, how do you refresh that memory with a new sequel (not a direct sequel)? Do you add more guns, more buildings, more vehicles, more items to purchase, etc.?
Well, Ubisoft’s answer to all of those questions is Far Cry Primal!
You take away everything that you can possibly hope from a sequel and build the character from scratch, literally!
You put them back in the timeline of human evolution. Where mankind was just learning how to build fire, weapons, tame animals, protect your territory and capture others and much more!
Far Cry Primal Characters
Far Cry Primal isn’t going to feature any absolute villain like Pagan Min or Vaas! We are going to be wearing the shoes of Takkar, a hunter, who has the ability to tame beasts (wild animals of Oros).
Far Cry Primal Story
Oros is a fictional world in a Mesolithic period. Humans hunt and tame wild animals to survive the nature and protect themselves from each other.
Takkar is a hunter who can tame beasts after giving them something to eat. He and his hunting party was ambushed and he was left with nothing.
Outraged because of this, he learns that his skill can get him to the top and become the leader of a tribe. He begins to capture one tribe after another and in process, climbing up the ladder to the top.
It’s going to be like Need for Speed Most Wanted (2003) where you have to defeat the blacklist racers and climb all the way to the top.
However, in Far Cry Primal, the world is going to be huge and there will be many things to look out for.
Far Cry Primal Gameplay
The gameplay is based on hunt and survive concept. You hunt animals to get food and resources. With those resources you can craft items like bags, weapons, healing potions, etc.
Here are the key elements of gameplay of Far Cry Primal:
- No weapons (guns) will be included in the game. It’s Mesolithic period, you have to deal with crafting a lot.
- Takkar can tame beasts (wild animals) and use them to hunt other (bigger) animals or enemies.
- Takkar can use an owl to scout the area for vantage points, highlight enemies and order tamed beasts to attack those enemies.
- Instinct vision allows Takkar to see through grass and opaque objects to find hidden items and approaching animals. It’s basically the same vision that we used in Far Cry 4, where Ajay could see through things after having a potion.
- Short range weapons like bow and arrow can be crafted as well. They are not going to be fancy, just simple bow and arrow.
- Other weapons might include, knife (which can be thrown), spear, butcher’s knife, Molotov’s kind of weapons, etc.
- Everything in the world of Oros is systemic. Things happen all around you and they happen dynamically. For example, in the gameplay video (embedded below), you’ll see that while hunting for a deer with our tamed dire-wolf, it was snatched away by a huge eagle.
- You can plant traps to either kill small animals or incapacitate large animals so that you’ll have enough time to kill them when they are struggling to get free.
Far Cry Primal Trailer
The trailer shows off how a Mammoth is hunted with spears and arrows. It’s quite brutal, yet very true if we think about how mankind used to survive in Mesolithic period.
Far Cry Primal Gameplay Trailer
The gameplay trailer embedded below shows you how taming works in Primal and how you can use it to hunt larger animals. Tamed beasts can also be used stealthily and can be ordered to attack with just a whistle.
Far Cry Primal Release Date and Price
Far Cry Primal is set to release on 26 February 2016 for Xbox One and PS 4. It will release on 1 March 2016 for PC.
Let’s hope, there will be no delays at the last moment, I am very excited to see how this new theme works out for Far Cry.
Kindly leave your comments in the field provided and tell us what you think about the new set-piece and a gameplay with no guns and vehicles.
Stay tuned with us for more updates on games release dates.