GTA 6 map will be bigger than any other open-world game of 2020.
GTA 6 is an action, adventure and third-person game (first-person mode also included). It will be developed by Rockstar North (with assistance provided by other developers) for Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.
|Media||GTA 3 (III) to GTA 5 (V) Trailers Embedded Below|
|Announce Date||– N/A|
|Series||GTA (Grand Theft Auto)|
|Availability||Optical disc, Download|
Rockstar Games had set new records (up to the level of Guinness Book of World Records) when it released GTA 5 (V) in 2013. It was released for Xbox 360 and PS3 (old generation of consoles) first and a year later for Xbox One and PS4 (next generation of consoles, in November 2014).
It was released on 14th April 2015 for PC gamers, which felt like an eternity. However, PC gamers got the best of GTA 5 because Rockstar Games learned from their mistake with GTA 4 (IV).
GTA 5 PC was highly optimized with multiple options to adjust the graphical settings of the game according to your hardware.
If you had a gaming machine with Core i7, 16 GB RAM and GTX 980 Ti, you would be able to play it in 4k resolution and it looks amazing. To this date, you won’t find any other game that can match the quality of details, which were present in GTA 5 in 2015.
But everyone doesn’t have those kinds of specifications, right? You’d be utterly pleased to know that I own a gaming computer with Intel Core i5 2320 3.2 GHz (2nd gen), 8 GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 750 Ti. I play GTA 5 on medium settings without any lags or issues. You might be surprised by quality of textures and vistas around San Andreas. I have never loved my computer more!
However, let’s get back to our topic at hand: GTA 6 Release Date.
GTA 6 Characters
GTA’s characters have always been memorable. From silent Claude to hyper maniac Trevor. They were generic yet unique and that’s why we still miss them even after not playing the game.
It is a certainty that old characters are going to make an appearance in GTA 6.
Rockstar Games has always experimented with this by making old characters appear in subsequent GTA titles.
- Claude appeared in GTA San Andreas, Wu Zi Mu and Farewell My Love…
- Tommy Vercetti appeared in GTA San Andreas, The Meat Business.
- Carl Johnson was mentioned in GTA 4 (IV) in a newspaper.
- Niko Bellic was mentioned in GTA 5 by Lester Crest and Patrick McReary (who was in GTA 4).
- Johnny Klebitz was killed in GTA 5 when we were introduced to Trevor.
Many other side-characters have always popped up here and there throughout the GTA Universe. If you look closely, Rockstar Games always provide clue to what they are about to do next.
Heist mission was a test in GTA San Andreas, which we could only access after completing the mission Key to Her Heart!
Winning her heart was quite simple but selective. If you were one of those players who got sick of doing the bidding of your virtual girlfriends, then you would have left that mission then and there.
However, those who did what she asked for (which wasn’t much), were awarded with the heist mission. We’ll talk more about what we can expect from missions in GTA 6 in the appropriate section.
Back to GTA 6 Characters again!
Michael De Santa, Trevor Philips and Franklin Clinton left a deep impact on us and it would be a lot of fun to see them again in GTA 6.
Many gamers were actually hoping to see Carl Johnson in GTA 5 because it was based in San Andreas and Franklin’s friend, Lamar, used to wear green colored clothing (color of grove street gang).
We even had a gang fight with Ballas (another gang with purple colored clothes in GTA San Andreas). Still, we did not see Carl Johnson and everyone was sorely disappointed.
It might be because Carl Johnson and his friends made a plan to have a world tour.
Rockstar Games is quite witty when it comes to setting up a character profile. It wanted us to know how crazy Trevor Philip really is, and that’s why he killed the craziest person we knew in GTA 4 universe, Johnny Klebitz, like he was killing a cockroach.
What do the rumors say about GTA 6 Characters?
- Rumors say that GTA 6 is going to feature both male and female characters.
- The experiment with multiple playable protagonists was highly successful in GTA 5, hence it might return in GTA 6 as well.
Here are the 3 types of characters that, I feel, will be included in GTA 6:
A person like Max Payne, 30 – 35 years of age. Not ridden with soul crushing past like that of Max Payne, but more generic.
He used to be good until he was framed and thrown out of the force. He has no interest in saving the people of the city anymore and certainly doesn’t want to mess with anybody’s business.
One day, he accidentally saves a young boy from getting killed by the mafia.
His life takes a new turn and he can either sit back, relax, smoke a cigarette and grab a bottle of wine, while waiting for rest of the mafia to kill him or he can get up, get tidy, smoke a cigarette and grab a bottle of wine, while preparing to kill every single one of them in this City of Lies.
A Model and Wannabe Superstar
She is 20 – 23 years of age. She left her home for the dream to become a superstar. She came to this city because of all the starlight, which she used to imagine from her home in South Los Santos.
What she found was the ugly truth that laid behind all the perky smiles and pouty lips. She had only two options, either stay home and get caught in the eventual gang war and lose or start a war of her own in this City of Lights and win!
He is just 18 years of age. He always dreamt of having a big car, fill it with booze and ladies and just cruise around. The only problem was; he didn’t have any money.
So, he played a little part into the drug business. He began introducing new customers to new products! Things went south when he decided to leave and became a target.
He was about to get killed when an ex-cop accidentally saved him. He now had two options.
Either run away from this City of Dark and never return or kill the leader of a small syndicate in Las Venturas and start his journey to the top.
GTA 6 Story
Here are the kinds of stories that we have seen so far:
- Running the Mafia Syndicate.
- Becoming a Businessman.
- Living the American dream.
All of those plots were well realized and choreographed. Every single one of them was broken down to dust. Their rise happened gradually and realistically (like Crime based TV-Shows).
Hence, Rockstar Games is expected to deliver us another great story which we can remember for days to come.
GTA 5 realized the modern America while GTA 4 told us about the American dream. What would GTA 6 make us feel?
Apart from what I’ve already written in GTA 6 characters’ section, here’s what I think will be the base of GTA 6 storyline:
- Underbelly of America.
I wouldn’t go too deep into explaining those 3 points. I suggest you add your wish list in the comment section below. Let’s see what you can come up with.
GTA 6 Gameplay
Rockstar Games’ resolve of keeping the gamers interested in the gameplay is brilliant. It’s nothing like anything I’ve ever felt with other games.
Even the replay value of Half-Life series falls just a notch less than GTA series.
- They keep evolving the gameplay.
- With GTA 3, we saw that people could fight us if we don’t drive away quickly after stealing their car.
- With GTA San Andreas, we got to fight in gang wars and capture territories.
- With GTA 4, we got the cover system that other games boasted.
- With GTA 5 we got multiple protagonists, who were playable.
I am not saying that these features are not present in other games. I am just saying that from one GTA title to another, we keep observing evolution.
Also, I don’t know about you, but I can play GTA San Andreas from the beginning and wouldn’t mind the graphics.
That’s the kind of gameplay I want in GTA 6. So that I can dust off GTA 6’s DVD-case and tell my grand-kids that they are in for a treat!
Here’s what I think would be cool to include and areas where more improvement is needed:
- Bow and arrow must be included. I so do miss it!
- Improved hand-to-hand combat. GTA 5 focused on shooting mechanics and nailed it. However, improved melee combat would be awesome.
- Vehicle-action scenes still desire a lot of improvements. It just doesn’t feel practical. You have to rely on your ammos rather than your skills to get that perfect headshot while you are driving super-fast.
- Fire-truck, cop and ambulance missions must be brought back. However, they must be tied in correctly so that our actions would actually worth something.
- It doesn’t feel normal when you have 1 million dollars in your bank account and you are driving taxi for $6.
- Underwater world was a refreshing experience in GTA 5, however, that painfully slow submarine made it boring.
- If we had faster ways to travel underwater, we could explore more area that Rockstar Games developed painstakingly.
- Girlfriend mode must be brought back as well. It was sad to see Trevor and Franklin alone after they were done with all the chaos.
- It would have been cooler to share all of that wealth. Michael had his family and everything worked out by the end.
GTA 6 Release Date – Not 2018, Not 2019 – It is 2020 and Beyond!
This is obviously the most important section of this article. Here’s why it is not possible to release GTA 6 in 2018 or even 2019.
- Don’t bring a calculator to do that math about the time span that Rockstar Games took between different GTA titles. It doesn’t work like that with them.
- Trust on just one little thing: They are not going to announce GTA 6 until they are 100% sure that this is the way to go.
- Currently they are focusing on GTA 5 Online, which has become a huge online world. It has its story, quests, dangers, dynamic missions etc.
- Rockstar Games promised that they will keep adding new content in this world for indefinite time. Now, how are they going to focus on GTA 6 if they keep updating the old title.
- Here’s the answer: Further development of GTA 5 Online will be shifted and Rockstar North will start working on GTA 6.
- But not until they are satisfied that they have provided enough and now other division of Rockstar Games can handle its future updates.
- Even that is going to take another year.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 is also under development.
- It’s not a secret that a sequel to critically acclaimed (and one of Sheldon Cooper’s beloved game) Red Dead Redemption is underway.
- Hence, there focus will be on making it another grand sequel. So, tough luck there as well.
- Rumors about Bully 2 are also popping up. It’s not going to be as grand as Red Dead Redemption 2, but however small a project is, it does require resources.
- That’s why, it is not even possible to consider even an announcement of GTA 6 in 2016.
- The year, 2017, will be used for the inception of GTA 6 and hence, 2018 will become the year of announcement.
- In 2019, it is possible that Microsoft and Sony will upgrade their consoles. Xbox One and PS4 are already running out of juice.
- It is all thanks to new development in PC hardware.
- By 2019, Intel has plans to reveal their Indium Antimonide based processors.
- DirectX 12.0 will be in mainstream computer systems.
- New lineup of efficient and powerful graphics cards will be released by both Nvidia and AMD.
- DDR4 RAM will become what DDR3 is now (it will be in nearly every PC till then).
- I hope you saw my point there. To make a game look as realistic as possible, you need an equivalently powerful hardware.
- There was a time when gamers used to ask can it run Crysis?
- Several years later, gamers still ask Can it run Crysis 3, Metro 2033, Rise of The Tomb Raider, etc.
- The list just keeps growing. Games are indeed becoming more powerful and unforgiving.
- By the time GTA 6 is announced, there will be a technological shift, and if Rockstar Games wants to keep up with it, it has to be prepared.
- However, in doing so, they will have to either leave old hardware behind or spend a ridiculous amount of time in optimizing GTA 6.
A Bad Port Is Worse Than No Port
- Hence, GTA 6 will have to be ready for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Two, PS5 and PC (which will have plethora of hardware to optimize for).
- Add all of that information and you will be left with the year, 2020.
If something more adds to this information, GTA 6 release date can shift further from 2020. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t.
I suggest you do the same. Till the time comes, I’ll be updating this post with new information. Be sure to check again (bookmark it and subscribe). Be well my friends.
Latest posts by K. K. Sonakiya (see all)
- Nvidia RTX 2070 Benchmarks, Price, Release Date and Review – “Value for Money on MSRP” - October 17, 2018
- Nvidia GTX 2060 Release Date – Everything You Need to Know about Next-Gen Budget Gaming Card - October 15, 2018
- Nvidia GTX 2000 Series Release Date, Specs, Features, Price, Performance – Everything You Need to Know - April 18, 2018