Explore The Spiral Galaxy, Andromeda, in new Mass Effect game.
Mass Effect Andromeda is an action, adventure, science-fiction and role playing game. It is being developed by BioWare for Microsoft Windows, PS4 and Xbox One.
It is a reboot of Mass Effect franchise, which ended the saga of Commander Shepherd with Mass Effect 3.
|Media||Trailer Embedded Below|
|Release Date||4th Quarter 2016 (Holiday 2016)|
|Announce Date||– E3 2015|
|Series||Mass Effect (Reboot)|
|Availability||Optical disc, Download|
Mass Effect 3 was a highly anticipated game of 2012. Its cinematic trailer had me thrilled for what was going to come. It was lot of fun to meet Commander Shepherd once again and fight with your old friends together. It was an emotional ride as they sacrificed themselves to save the world and in the end, it was our time. We did our best as we could and the same is going to happen in Mass Effect Andromeda.
However, this time we’ll be exploring a different galaxy, Andromeda! It is a spiral galaxy, which is 2.4 million light years away from Earth and we’ll be fighting to save it from currently unknown threat.
Mass Effect Andromeda Characters
Since, there is currently not enough information about the characters of Andromeda, one can only assume the basic characters that you would need in a Mass Effect game.
- You definitely need a commander to order where you’d like to go next.
- You need a tech expert who can tell you that the ship and other aspects need upgrades.
- You need the pilot.
- You need someone who is well versed in alien languages, who can present different objectives to you.
- You need several alien friends on each planet that you visit.
Precisely, you’ll have same kind of crew that you had in previous Mass Effect games. There will be few changes here and there, but the core will be the same.
For example, we might not be able to play as the commander, but rather a soldier on his ship. Either way, these will be few of the most important characters in Mass Effect Andromeda.
Mass Effect Andromeda Story
The story is about stopping a growing resistance on distant planets of the spiral galaxy, Andromeda. Several years after the events of Mass Effect 3, The Milky Way has lost its connection of Mass Relays and there is no way to investigate if the Reapers are finished or lurking behind the dark space.
It is certain that Reapers are still there and they will be mentioned in Andromeda. However, they are not going to play key role in it, otherwise, it would get repetitive.
The spiral galaxy, Andromeda, is going to have new problems and threat, that would (without a doubt) endanger the whole galaxy. Our actions in it will ensure that it won’t come to that.
Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay
The core gameplay of Andromeda is not going to stray very much from the original. Here are the gameplay elements that I noticed in the trailer (embedded below) and some that I feel will be there.
- Destination selection dashboard will show the planet to which we want to travel.
- You can select various locations on that planet if you want to travel faster to it with the help of Mako.
- You can also use jetpack to scale things, like we saw in Destiny.
- You can still select the companions that you want to take with you or you can go alone, which is definitely not recommended.
- Good old, energy blade is back.
- RPG elements will include playing as a male or female character and configuring them the way you want.
- You might be able to shave (male) and grow hair (both) even after you finalize your characters. It will be done by accessing your personal room.
- Multiple levels of upgrade for Mako and the ship.
- New skills upgrading system.
- New karma system for making decisions that can either be right (and hurtful) or wrong (possibility of eventual failure).
I’ll update this list as new and more concrete information turns up about gameplay of Mass Effect Andromeda.
Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer
The trailer of Andromeda shows off several locations that can look like you are in a fairy tale or in hell! There is tiny bit of gameplay shown in this trailer as well.
Just running and killing from our trusted energy blade. Still, it’s fun to watch!
Mass Effect Andromeda Release Date
As of this moment, Mass Effect Andromeda release date is set for 4th quarter of 2016.
It seems unlikely because the expectations are quite high and after releasing the beta version of this game (around September or October 2016), they would need more time to polish it and optimize it.
Also, new hardware for PC is going to be launched in 2nd quarter of 2016. New graphics cards from Nvidia, currently being called Nvidia GTX 1000 series, and AMD, will be launched.
Intel’s 6th generation of Skylake processors will be in mainstream laptops and desktops and hence, DirectX 12.0 will be available in plenty of Windows based machines.
Optimizing for new hardware is always a great challenge when you have to do the same for old hardware as well. This is why, I feel that Mass Effect Andromeda release date is going to be delayed until April 2017.
However, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that it won’t come to that. Till then, stay connected and read more about upcoming games release dates.
Latest posts by K. K. Sonakiya (see all)
- Nvidia RTX 2070 Benchmarks, Price, Release Date and Review – “Value for Money on MSRP” - October 17, 2018
- Nvidia GTX 2060 Release Date – Everything You Need to Know about Next-Gen Budget Gaming Card - October 15, 2018
- Nvidia GTX 2000 Series Release Date, Specs, Features, Price, Performance – Everything You Need to Know - April 18, 2018